2022 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Junior ’58 DC
THE GUITARCHIVE – This 2022 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Junior ’58 DC (double cutaway) is in mint/excellent condition. The TV Yellow finish is gorgeous. It’s got the big fat chunky ’58 neck. It plays amazing, sounds amazing, and looks amazing. Original paperwork and custom shop hardshell case included.
The Gibson Custom Shop introduces the 1958 Les Paul Junior Double Cut Reissue solid body electric guitar. The all-mahogany 1958 Les Paul Junior Double Cut Reissue is a dead-on reproduction of the ’50s version — the single dog ear P-90 pickup, the super chunky “C” neck profile, and the hardware.
You can demo guitars like this at The Local Pickup guitar showroom in Rock Hill, SC.
About the Gibson Custom Shop
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity, and attention to detail.
A Faithful Reproduction of a Solidbody Classic
Gibson’s ’58 Les Paul Junior Double Cut Reissue is a fantastic version of a primal instrument that’s been rocking for over half a century. This all-mahogany beauty is a dead-on reproduction of the original, from its single P-90 to its chunky “C” neck profile. It’s a simple guitar that’s a classic for many reasons.
This guitar’s combination bridge and tailpiece, a pioneering move in the ’50s, is now standard on tons of instruments, which goes to show that sometimes simple is better. The Les Paul Junior is a textbook example of a purpose-built instrument, and it does what it does well.
This guitar features a single dog ear P-90 in the bridge position for a raw, rocking playing experience. That single coil tone provides endless possibilities for tone, which makes the Les Paul Junior fit right into any genre. The instrument has a 1-piece mahogany neck with ’50s profile and a smooth rosewood fretboard that makes it insanely playable.
The body of this ’50 Les Paul Junior Double Cut Reissue VOS is made of a premium-quality mahogany slab that retains the distinctive double-cut Les Paul shape. It has Gibson Custom’s “Vintage Original Sheen” finish that’s buffed to a light matte appearance, which gives the look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
- Body Shape Les Paul
- Body Material 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief None
- Finish Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck Material Solid Mahogany
- Profile Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length 24.75″ / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius 12″
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material Nylon
- Nut Width 1.69″ / 42.85mm
- End of Board Width 2.24″ / 56.89mm
- Inlays Pearloid Dots
- Joint Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Hardware Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge Wraparound
- Tailpiece Wraparound
- Pickguard 1-Ply Celluloid
- Truss Rod Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover Single-ply Black
- Control Knobs Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip Amber
- Jack Plate Cover Black
- Pickup Covers Black Dog-Ear P-90
- Bridge Pickup Custom Dog-Ear P90
- Controls CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Output Jack Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories Certificate of Authenticity Booklet
- Weight 7 lbs 5 oz