2012 Duesenberg Starplayer Custom
This guitar is in excellent condition. All original. Everything working. Light play wear at most.
- Type: Set Neck, 1-piece Maple
- Width: 42.5 mm / 1.67″ (nut), 52 mm / 2.05″ (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8″ (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95″ (12th fret)
- Shape: Medium D
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12″
- Inlays: Cream dots
- Frets: 22 Jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5″
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated Maple
- Dimensions: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11″ x 13.38″
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8″
- Binding: Cream, 5-layer purfling
Pickguard: Black Custom
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners
- Bridge: Duesenberg Steel Saddle Bridge
- Vibrato System: Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg Standard (Straplock compatible)
- Hardware color: Gold
- Strings: Duesenberg Custom 10/50 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickups: 3 Duesenberg D-Tron Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 Volume, 1 Multi-Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector
- Case: Custom Line Case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)
Starplayer TV Custom
Black on black with gold hardware to the teeth, the Starplayer TV Custom is decked out like a bad-ass pair of studded motorcycle boots. It has three D-tron Humbucker pickups, an elaborate tremolo system, and innovative onboard controls allowing a wide variety of tones. The semi-hollow body delivers open response with a specialized center-block construction to block most feedback.
The D-tron pickups are custom designed for a unique sound. They have a heavy round humbucker sound on the lows but have a shimmer on the highs that is more similar to a filtertron sound (think a Gretsch or Rickenbacker) versus the more round and balanced highs of a Gibson humbucker. At high-gain, the guitar is a rock-n-roll machine with great cut on the bridge pickup and super heavy chunkiness on the neck pickup. But when clean, the guitar has nice round tones with a nice shimmer on the highs.
The three-way selector switch selects between the bridge, neck, or both pickups (the same way such a switch would normally work on a two-pickup guitar). The center pickup is not selected by the switch. Instead, it can be blended in with the selector in any position. So you can bring in that center pickup with the bridge, or with the neck, or with the two of them. The ingenious Multi-Tone control knob works from a tactile middle stop. In one direction, the knob acts as a classic tone control. In the other direction, it blends in the middle pickup.
A Plek processed fretboard guarantees perfectly level frets. This is the basis for our multi-step fret polishing and setup work all done by hand that eventually makes all Duesenbergs play wonderfully well.
THE SWEETEST TREMOLO IN THE WORLD
The Diamond Deluxe Tremolo (the so called “Sweetest tremolo in the world”) comes from many years of innovation and improvement on the original design from the 50’s. From maintaining a stable tuning through high quality German bearings, easy and comfortable stringing of the instrument to brilliant options of customizing the action of the arm.
Bold black on black with a subtle flamed maple on the back makes for a beautiful guitar. The entire guitar is protected with our modern and easy to maintain PUR clear coat, which keeps the guitar looking great for years and years to come.
The Duesenberg Hard Case
True flightcase quality, classically shaped, beautifully handcrafted and made to endure the most realistic and unrealistic abuses. It’s a case you can just throw in the back of a car, train, or airplane and won’t have to worry about.
Dieter Gölsdorf founded the Duesenberg Guitar brand in 1985. He made excellent guitars, but stayed relatively unknown until he released the Starplayer TV in 1995 and found a growing list of famous artists who began to play his guitars – including Ron Wood, Mike Campbell, Bob Dylan, Joe Walsh, and John Mayer to name some of the superstar musicians who began playing Duesenbergs after that. Duesenberg designs all of their components custom, as the components manufactured as proprietary, and then does their assembly, fittings, pleck process, set-ups, and quality control in their main facility in Germany – resulting in consist high-quality of instrument sturdy enough for professional play.