Airline Map DLX – White
Airline Guitars, the coolest of the 1960s guitar explosion, have now been rebooted by Eastwood Guitars out of Canada in the form of well-made, gig-reliable, upgraded guitars. Learn more about Airline Guitars at TheLocalPickup.com.
NATIONAL MAP Guitars were made in the USA from 1958-64 by VALCO and sold through Montgomery Ward. This AIRLINE® MAP is a tribute to the NATIONAL Newport Guitar from 1962.
Today they are played by people like David Bowie, The Cure, Calexico and White Stripes. Original MAP Res-O-Glas models now sell for $3,000-$5,000.
Artists playing this guitar:
- Bill Nelson
FEATURES & SPECS
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Colours: Seafoam Green, Red, Black, White, Sunburst
- Pickups: 2 Alnico Hot-10 Humbuckers
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: BIGSBY tremolo, Roller Bridge
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Pau Ferro, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 24 3/4″ (628mm)
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16″
- Hardware: Grover Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D’Addario #10
- Unique Features: NATIONAL-Style Striped Pickguard
- Case / Gig Bag (Not Included)