Airline H44 DLX – Metallic Green
Free Shipping in the Continental US
Free Returns within 7 Days of Purchase
Taxes on SC Purchases
Discount for Local Pickup
Airline Guitars, the coolest of the 1960s guitar explosion, have now been rebooted by Eastwood Guitars out of Canada in the form of well-made, gig-reliable, upgraded guitars. Learn more about Airline Guitars at TheLocalPickup.com.
Airline is all about celebrating the unique style and guitar innovation that came out of mid-century Chicago. One of the earliest and most sought-after by collectors is the Harmony Stratotone H44. Introduced way back in 1952, the Harmony remained in the spotlight for many years, being used by artists Richie Valens, Tom Waits, and more recently The Tallest Man on Earth to name just a few.
We’ve recreated here a two pickup DLX version of the H44, retaining what makes this short-body, fat-neck icon feel and sound amazing. Dual mini humbuckers evoke and improve upon the feel and response of the original’s lower-output DeArmond “Hershey Bar” pickup. Three way switching allows room to experiment, and dial in a ‘strata’ of perfect tones with a truck load of vintage vibe.
Features & Specs
- Body: Solid ASH
- Colours: Copper, Black, Taxicab Yellow
- Pickups: Dual Mini Humbucker
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: Floating Wooden Bridge, Trapeze Tail
- Neck: Maple, Set Neck
- Finger Board: Rosewood, Block Markers, 20 Frets
- Scale Length: 24 3/4″
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16″
- Hardware: Vintage Open Back Tuners
- Strings: #10-#46 D’Addarrio
- Unique Features: Vintage Fat Baseball Bat Neck