2020 Epiphone SG Special P90
This distinguished Epiphone looks to Gibson’s ’60s-era, dual-soapbar-equipped SG Special for style and sound cues. The Epiphone SG Special comes loaded with a set of P-90 Pro pickups based on Seth Lover’s iconic single-coil design. As fans of the style know, these pickups dish out serious attitude pushed into gain and a velvety smoothness with the knobs rolled back. The SG’s flat-topped double-cut mahogany body provides the perfect foundation for the P-90 Pros to work their magic. Epiphone’s ’60s SlimTaper mahogany neck supplies ample comfort and sustain in the hand. And 1960s Gibson-styled hardware — a Lightning Bolt wraparound bridge and ivory-buttoned Epiphone tuners — endows the Epiphone SG Special with classic SG looks and modern performance.
Features & Specs
- Based on the legendary Gibson SG Special
- Solid mahogany body delivers copious sustain
- ’60s SlimTaper mahogany neck supplies ample comfort and sustain in the hand
- P-90 Pro soapbar pickups exhibit a distinctive growl and wide tonal range
- 1960s Gibson-style Lightning Bolt wraparound bridge and ivory-buttoned tuners