This guitar was given to us at The Local Pickup by Eastwood Guitars when we did an episode of our show in their showroom in Nashville, TN. View Episode.
They are very cool to help support the show by giving us a guitar that we can then pass along through the used marketplace. We love the idea of passing it to someone who wants a little piece of uniqueness to know that this was the showroom guitar for this model (in the Nashville showroom) and it was one of the stars on The Local Pickup Episode 13.
Eastwood reboots old guitar designs with modern guitar building techniques. So you get a cool vintage look with the playability, sound, and reliability that you want.
This is a reboot of the old Mosrite surf guitars built in Bakersfield, CA. Like the famous guitars made for The Ventures.
This Eastwood Sidejack is a reproduction of the old Mosrites. But it’s made with modern technology to achieve modern playability and reliability.
This guitar is basically brand new. It was unboxed and hanging in Eastwood’s showroom in Nashville.
Here are the specs:
- Body: Alder with German carve top
- Finishes: Vintage White, 3 Tone Sunburst, Vintage White LH
- Pickups: ‘Eastwood of Canada’ Custom M-90 x2
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone (‘Eastwood of Canada’ Custom knobs)
- Bridge: ‘Eastwood of Canada’ Custom
- Neck: Bound Maple, Satin finish, Bolt-On Neck, ‘Eastwood of Canada’ Peanut neck plate
- Neck Profile: Mid D Shape
- Neck Radius: 10″
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Bound, ‘2-3-1’ Dot Markers
- Scale Length: 25 1/2″(648mm)
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Custom Graphite, 1 5/8″ width
- Tuners: Nickel Button Kluson-style
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome